[MPlayer-users] DivX embeded in Ogg

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 9 21:23:43 CET 2002

On Monday, 4. February 2002 17:40, Pavel Rybin wrote:
> Hi!
> I've recently run across this new directshow-embeded-inside-ogg thingy.
> Seems to be an alternative to the AVI file format, and perhaps even a quite
> good one, as (IIRC) ogg audio samples have time-stamps, so many desyncing
> problems would automagically go away. I tried running MPlayer on it, and it
> informed me (rightly so) that the file was not an AVI, AS or MPEG stream.
> Any chance that this will be supported in MPlayer any time soon?
It should not be too hard to support, one needs to add an ogg-file demuxer to
mplayer (can be done using libogg OTOH). I've already worked a bit with
ogg/vorbis (I also added that stuff into mplayer), but currently I just don't
have the time to look into it (commercial development), maybe Mike Melanson
would like to do it after completing RoQ file support in mplayer.

I'll also copy this mail to development ist so I can see reactions to that
(not sure Mike is on -users; sorry for crossposting).

> Pav
>
> P.S. I've uploaded a sample file to the ftp.
path/filename?
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos