[MPlayer-users] vesa:vidix on my radeon is freezing my system quite frequently

Brian J. Murrell a0b5fbab8fe48644932480b2ed72af01 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Feb 10 20:49:01 CET 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 01:05:18PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick,

> This value is very strange!!! It shouldn't be zero.
> At least I have filled it into phys addr of video memory

OK, well this gives somewhere to start.

> This dump is not finished.

No, I know it's not.  That is as far as it gets before the system
hangs.

> Probably you didn't execute
> 'sync' command.

I can't execute a 'sync' command once Mplayer has hung the box Nick.
Maybe you misunderstood.  When it freezes, the whole OS is locked up,
the Magic SysRq keys are the only thing that works and I did
Alt-SysRq-S several times and then Alt-SysRq-U several times before
doing an Alt-SysRq-B.

In any case, I don't need to sync as I wrote to an nfs mounted
filesystem, so that I would not have disk buffering problems.

> Also it would be better to look into
> /var/log/messages

The only thing worth noting is that the OS stays alive long enough to
print one or two of these:

Feb  8 22:47:12 pvr kernel: nfs: server linux is not responding

> At the moment of rebooting your PC.

I can't do anything at the moment of rebooting the PC other than
reboot.  It's frozen.

> Maybe there you'll find some info which can help us.

> What about audio? You didn't answer me.

Other message.  I didn't get to hitting send on it 'til this morning.

BTW: I just finished playing a 1 hour file to the null vo without a
hang.  I have not been able to get through an hour file since this
problem started happening.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell