[MPlayer-users] Sound problem

Bart Coddens bcoddens at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 23:02:02 CET 2002

When I try to play my DVD I can't get any sound out of
it.  I'm running SuSE 7.3 and sound is functioning.
When I run mplayer with: mplayer -dvd 1 /dev/dvd -vo
x11 the dvd plays without a problem but I don't hear
any sound and I get the following message:

Detected audio codec: [ac3] drv:3 (AC3)
WARNING: libac3 support is disabled. (hint: upgrade
codecs.conf)
Unknown/missing audio format, using nosound
Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound

Can someone help me?

Regards,
Bart