[MPlayer-users] can't seek through complete avi file (1.9G) - any hints?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Mon Feb 11 08:22:02 CET 2002

Hi.
I'm not on the list currently hence I don't know how to reply to
postings, so I'll quote the current replies to my orginal posting

 > Couldn't it be a truncated index ? Does it reproduce with -forceidx ?
 > cube

 > Could be a broken file, use -idx or -forceidx
 > Attila Kinali

I forgot that one, -forceidx didn't help either. IMHO it did not even
parse/iterate the whole file. I know the speed of my harddisk and
mplayer started playing far too early.

Is there some kind of limitation in index size? e.g. only 1024*64
distinct time/seek position spots allowed? Could we enlarge the index
generation interval to cover a longer playing time?

cu Marcus