[MPlayer-users] Some possible feature for MPlayer and MEncoder

Nicolas DEVERGE ndeverge at zen.fr
Mon Feb 11 15:49:01 CET 2002

Le Lundi 11 Février 2002 13:24, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for this great work.
> I recently shifter from W to Linux, and started to use MPlayer 0.6 and
> MEndoder (I am much more familar with Unix than W), and now I am stiked on
> your player !!! It is much more flexible,  and powerful than what we can
> find in W.
> In W, I was using MDVD and FlaskMPEG.
>
> I can give you some figure to show the powerful of Linux/MPlayer whane
> comparing with W: 1 - I can compress in 26 fps (max on W was: 12 fps),
> 2 - I can play up to 4 MPlayer, it is still fluent.

I'm french and i'm interested in what you said on the mplayer mailing list.
You said that you can play up to 4 MPlayer instances and it is still fluent.
I tried it on a strong machine (Pentium 4 with 512 Mo of RAM) but the videos
were not fluent. My question is : in what resolution are your videos, are you
using divx and which video driver (x11, mga_vid) ?
Thanks,
Nicolas

PS : You can reply in french if you prefer.