[MPlayer-users] can't seek through complete avi file (1.9G) -

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 11 20:04:02 CET 2002

> I have deleted the start of this thread so I'm not sure what it relates
> to. But there has been a lively discussion of filesystems on the LUGG
> mailinglist recently, and apparently ext2 and ext3 can't handle files
> bigger than 2GB, you need either ReiserFS or XFS for that.

it is not true...
i though/knew the same, but then LGB came and made a 3GB file using 'dd' on
ext2 filesys... anyway many program, including 'mc' shown it as 2GB.
ln -la or wc shown the real 3gb size.

anyway, avi files cannot be >2gb, unless using the ODML indexing, but it
isn't supported by mplayer (yet).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team