[MPlayer-users] MPlayer

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 23:51:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:27:26 -0600
murban <murban at houston.rr.com> wrote:

> I've been using MPlayer for a while, and I've noticed that using the mga_vid
> device results in garbage forming on the screen (in the windows and on the
> desktop) during playback. The garbage remains on the screen when MPlayer
> exits. The "garbage" I describe is rectangular regions of varying side with
> strange patterns (mostly dark gray) scattered on the screen, mostly in the
> title bars, toolbar, and menubar areas. This occurs both when using -vo mga
> and -vo xmga. This does not occur with the x11 or xv output.

The X server uses parts of the video memory to store pixmaps
(mostly window backgrounds and images) which are overwriten by
mplayer when you use -vo (x)mga. If you look at the "garbage"
you'll see the siluets of the last shown picture.
There is not much you can do beside trying to get the pixmaps
reread again (try to go to the console and back again,
 reset you background image)

Gabu: can you please add this to the FAQ if it isnt already there ?

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.