[MPlayer-users] resizing the window

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Tue Feb 12 05:57:02 CET 2002

>> is there a feature for disallowing non-proportional resizing o the
>> window?
> Not yet. I know it should be possible, but not how (any hints ?)
>                 Attila Kinali

Maybe there is a way to do it, you would have to tell mplayer and/or xfree that you want only multiples
of 8 for the window width/height.  That way when you drag the window it will automagically select
the next higher/lower size in multiple of 8, and change accordingly.

ie. movie is 1024x768 and you drag only the x smaller.
    -> window gets 'scaled' down to 1016x760
(not likely, but given as an example of the window size)
Is that a likely scenario?  Possible/impossible?  I wouldn't know where to begin...

/S. Smith