[MPlayer-users] MEncoder Questions

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Thu Feb 14 17:27:01 CET 2002

>Another thing I need help on, is how to create an SVCD/XVCD from a DVD
>using mencoder. (Im fairly new to encoding video and Im not quite sure
>about formats/codecs to use, etc.)

Unfortunately at this time MEncoder does not encode to the proper format for (S)VCD's.  VCD format
is usually MPEG1 stream, SVCD is MPEG2.  Currently MEncoder only creates AVI files, which of course
can have MPEG1/2 streams...

If this has changed, someone let me know.  TFM still says only AVI.

/S. Smith