[MPlayer-users] MPEG audio broken on powerpc

paul.stoeber at stud.tu-ilmenau.de paul.stoeber at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Fri Feb 15 13:30:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:58:08 +0100, Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:27:49 +0100 (MET)
> > past-in at stud.tu-ilmenau.de wrote:
> > > the "(c)" in main/mp3lib/layer3.c  is till 1997.
> > > the "(c)" in mpg123-0.59r/layer3.c is till 1999.
> > >
> > > upgrade?  anyone?  Somebody?
> >
> > What about you ;-)
>
> not needed.
> mp3lib is superior to mpg123 for long time...
> Nick ported asm stuff, and i ported vbr support long time ago.
> and i've also made many small fixes to improve stability.
>
> is there anything interesting feature of mpg123, what mp3lib misses?

Yes, for the powerpc-using minority:  mpg123's output sounds like
it should (for me), whereas mp3lib produces junk.

In my previous posting, I have shown that this is very probably
an interaction between gcc and mp3lib.

Maybe it would be more productive to figure out the exact nature of
this interaction than just blindly copying stuff over from mpg123
in the hope that it will do good.  Okay, I'm on my own.

-paul