[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD playing

Jaroslaw Zuk j.zuk at cetelembank.de
Fri Feb 15 15:16:01 CET 2002

Dnia pi? 15. luty 2002 12:08, napisa?e?:
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:49:00 +0100
> From: Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayer.dev.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re:  DVD playing
>
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:26:38 +0100
> Jaroslaw Zuk <j.zuk at cetelembank.de> wrote:
>

> > I dont think it is a vga issue. I can play from hard drive divx large
> > movies   with 10 % of CPU time.
>
> Somewhere in the CD/DVD section there is a paragraph
> that tells what could cause such problems. please read
> and try the stuff there.
>
>                 Attila Kinali

Realy thanks , I have already tried this. And this is  helping  ... a litle ,
al those -cache , -mc 0 , etc  but it is not removing this  stops and frame
drops.

It is decoding fine with 40 % of cpu , without a single frame drop  for a 10
-  20 seconds , and then it looses  from 10 to 30 frames.

This is the same after dumping the stream from dvd to hard drive.

I am starting to consider it not as mplayer issue but rather something with
my system.
It is Redhat 7.2 , and I will post full info like described in bugreport ,
soon.

One more question !

To all those with great knowledge,

Is it possible that decoding video from dvd can rapidly increase cpu
consumption ?  Should not it be rather stable ?? I mean i have 10 seconds of
very different and fastly changed scenes  with almost the same cpu
consumption and after this it is going from 40 % to 100% .
Does it sound possible ?

and again I will provide a full bugreport , i Just can't do this now.

--
Jarek Zuk