[MPlayer-users] Bugreport: Segfault on startup

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 19 03:23:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> For about one week I am not able to run the latest CVS
> mplayer anymore. It builds fine, but when running it,
> it segfaults on startup without _any_ output at all.
> I know that I'm running lots of pre-release, alpha
> and beta stuff, but since older versions of MPlayer
> work just fine, I can't understand why it won't even
> startup correctly.

i think it's a runtime linking problem. it happened with some old
divx4linux library, and some not too old XviD lib.
upgrade these to latest (2001 oct for divx4 and CVS for xvid)
or recompile mplayer with ./configure --disable-xvid --disable-divx4linux
(not sure, see configure --help)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team