[MPlayer-users] SBLive + AC3 Potential Solution

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 19 03:28:01 CET 2002

> Well, I seem to have a crude method to enable hardware AC3 output via
> the SBLive. If you output the stream to a file via the -dumpaudio flag,
> you can then playback the audio via the play-ac3 program included with
> the emu10k1 driver, however, since dumpaudio doesn't write to a pipe,
> it's not possible to do this in real time properly without more crude
> hacks.
>
> However, I did notice that the ac3-iec958.* files seem to be close to
> those included with the emu10k1 package; is anyone working on porting
> these forward to dec_audio.c? Is this the right mailing list to ask?

no one of the developers have ac3 decoder hardware, so we cannot fix it.
it's know that it doesn't work with sblive. it works wiht some other
cards, so maybe the code is ok, maybe some sblive specific thing isn't ok.
i've applied few patches about a month ago, try cvs, may help.

but again: don't bugreport hwac3. send patches.
we can't fix bugs as we never could test it. we can only accept patches.
(and donations :)

?

> On the flipside, is it possible to write a plugin that sends the audio
> to a pipe or to an external program, which may make it easier to keep

not easy, as mplayer have to know the exact a-v delay. with a pipe, it's not
possible, and you may have to manually adjust delay all time :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team