[MPlayer-users] lirc and mplayer

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Wed Feb 20 21:51:01 CET 2002

Hi blowy,

on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:16:16 +0100 you wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm using lirc together with mplayer and this setup works, however, i want
> to do some more advanced things with it.  Now i saw plircc
> (http://mairas.iki.fi/projects/plircc/) and this works great, although i
> can't get mplayer working with it.  Anyone can give me a hint how i could
> get this working?  Or isn't this possible and should i look for another
> utility?
No, need. Reconfigure with --enable-new-input . The "new input" is fully configurable
and command based. That is you bind keys, mouse buttons, joystick buttons and axis
to commands. The interest for lirc, is that with this you have access to all you can do
now with the keys (and a little more).
In your .lircrc you should use mplayer as program name and a mplayer command in
the config entry. For a list of all commands you can look in the sources, all commands
are defined in input/input.c. Or search this list for a thread with subject
"Joystick Patch against current cvs". All command are explained in this thread.
This feature is currently undocumented :( and still in test, but should work good.
Give it a try, it need more testing ;)
	Albeu