[MPlayer-users] DVD playback on a Athlon1700+ slow?

Andy K . Jalics ab212 at acorn.net
Thu Feb 21 21:57:02 CET 2002

Mplayer Users,
         I have a question. I got Mplayer to play DVD's, but it is
at an incredibly slow frame rate. If I rip the vob files off with
vobcopy it plays just fine. Why is my setup so slow? It seems
like there is a bottleneck somewhere. It plays dvds fine in Winblows,
but I feel guilty when I use winblows. :)

Here is my setup:

Athlon 1700+
256mb PC2100 DDR ram
Generic 16x DVDrom drive [tried all the hdparm DMA settings etc]

MPlayer 0.60-2.95.3
libdvdcss.so.1.0.0_2002-01-11 [Tried the ogle one and the other one]
libdvdread.so.2.0.1
2.4.18-rc1 AND low latency patch

Any ideas?

Andy Jalics (ab212 at acorn.net)