[MPlayer-users] mtrr help needed

Jakub Turski yacoob at chruptak.plukwa.net
Sun Feb 24 00:18:02 CET 2002

 ._         The little penguin sat on the shore,
_ at __        watching Nick Kurshev writting his letter
    ~~~~~   on the memorable day of 2002/02/23 00:26

> > All I did was cat /proc/mtrr to look at the settings.
> > My question is what could have set up mtrr like this Xfree86? the kernel?
> Neighter Xfree86 nor kernel don't touch mtrrs.

 Erm... I wouldn't be so sure.
 When  I  had MGA Millenium I, I had my mtrrs set up 'by hand'. Now, ha­
ving Voodoo3, mtrrs are set up at start, upon loading tdfxfb  module  --
and  then,  when  I start XFree, it wants to set up another set of mtrrs
which *conflict* with other.
 So,  maybe  a little bit more should be written about this mtrr thingy,
and various type of them. And what to do in a situation as above.

Regards,

Q.
--
  (oo)  |     Hi. We're the Blues Brothers. We're on a mission from Borg.     |