[MPlayer-users] Bugreport: software scaler without mmx/sse

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Feb 24 02:33:02 CET 2002

Hi

On Sunday 24 February 2002 00:41, Matthew Stephenson wrote:

> I suspect this matter may be related to my previous software-scaler
> bugreport. If I compile mplayer without mmx or sse (--disable-mmx
> --disable-mmx2 --disable-sse --disable-sse2), and attempt to use the
> software scaler in mencoder, I observe the following.
>
> If the vertical size is not scaled at all, the resulting video is solid
> green. It works normally if the video is scaled vertically.
> Additionally, mencoder segfaults if the vertical size is not a multiple
> of 16, but I believe this is a known issue. This occurs both with v0.60
hmm, i know that divx4 segfaults if the height isnt divisable through 2 but
the swscaler can handle that

> and latest CVS. If mencoder output would be useful, I can enclose it.
i cant reproduce it, but i suspect that its caused by the only half
deactivated mmx code (the runtime cpudetect did ignore the --disable stuff) i
just fixed that in cvs, so please try again and if its still buggy than
please send the mencoder output & gdb output of the segfault (with
./configure --enable-debug ... compiled mencoder)

[...]

Michael