[MPlayer-users] Jerky/Juddery/interruptible output - COMMON ANSWER

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Feb 24 15:03:02 CET 2002

Hi

On Sunday 24 February 2002 13:34, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've a long time though about such problems.
> After implementing MAX BENCHMARK I got answers for my questions
> (I've discussed that yestoday at openprojects #mplayer irc channel)
[...]
> I've found only one thing: my Duron-700 is not enuogh power for this movie!
> And I couldn't imagine self how I can speedup playback on 50%.
> (IMHO even direct rendering with ffdivx will not help me).

[...]
> So try new benchmark first!
hmm
IMHO the max benchmarks are meaningless, u should at least count the number
of frames which are too slowly decoded, instead of finding the slowest one

i saw this juddery playback too, but imho its not cuz a rare keyframe is
decoded too slow (as appearently u suggest)
what i saw is that if i playback the same movie with the same commandline
its sometimes perfectly smooth and sometimes nearly all frames are juddery,
and that only happens if double buffering is used so i guess that somehow the
displayed frame is the wrong one of the 2 in the buffer sometimes ...

[...]

Michael