[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Ogg encapsulation

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 25 17:48:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > mplayer will support this AS SOON AS the author of dshwo filter releases
>  teh
> > > sources or someone reverse engineer the format... (not trivial ogg packe
> ts)
> > >
> > > i see many of you wants this... so let's contact the author and force hi
> m to
> > > send the sources... he promised it a week ago, but still not sent...
> >
> > And why you can't use libogg?

we know the quicktiem file format, and have quicktime4linux lib. so, why
don't we use it to watch sorenson videos? :)

ogg is a general thing, and just defines the basic file format.
the codec--fileformat interface is not known in this case...
and it's so boring to reverse engineer everything...
especially when the dshow filter author used an open format and open library
so he can be forced to release sources... is ogg GPL ? or just LGPL ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team