[MPlayer-users] dxr3 (h+) trouble

Molotov bug at molotov-online.com
Thu Feb 28 21:57:04 CET 2002

Hello

First of all, I apologize if this email is not welcomed. I have read
some doc, but maybe not all available.
I'm using mplayer from cvs-22/02/2002 on a mandrake 8.1 system. I have
the dxr3 module 0.11 too.
I first tried Xine, and I'm able to use the TV output of my H+ card
perfectly with it.
But when I try MPlayer, no way. I can play a DVD movie on the computer
screen, but if I start whith the switch -vo dxr3 (or -vo dxr3:0), I got
this:
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [dxr3] 720x576 => 1024x576 Planar YV12
VO: [dxr3] Setting up for PAL/SECAM.
VO: [dxr3] Setting aspect ratio to 16:9
FATAL: Ne peut initialiser le pilote vidéo!
(The last line says something like 'unable to init the video driver'.)

I think the dxr3 patch is for MPlayer 0.60, and may not be ok for a cvs
version. It may have been included in it, I don't know.

Well, I will be pleased by any advice or direction. Feel free to flame
me if it is a stupid RTFM problem, but please, tell me by the way what
is the correct doc !

TIA, and best regards from Paris
François

PS Congratulations to the MPlayer team, as your software is definitively
great and useful.