[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems playing DVDs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 1 17:28:21 CET 2002

Hi,

> > Using libdvdcss, the RC-setting can be ignored, as libdvdcss takes care
> > of this.
>
> That's exactly what i mean. There are _two different_ RC settings.
> RC1 is software based and libdeccs, libdvdcss and all those libs
> take care of this. But there is also an RC2 which is in the
> firmware of the DVD player, you have to set it correctly or
> patch your player to get it working.

it's true for libcss. it depends on correct setting of region code.

but libdvdcss can crack css keys even if no region code set in drive, or
bad region code is set. i can prove it, my brand new drive has no region set
at all and i still can play any dvd with libdvdcss (and can't with libcss)

libdvdcss uses some tricks or dunno what but it does somehow the region
code stuff _instead_ of the drive firmware.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu