[MPlayer-users] MPlayer -vo xv and sdl display green screen half the time?

Mark Kamichoff prox at acm.rpi.edu
Tue Jan 1 20:43:01 CET 2002

Hi All -

I've been using MPlayer for awhile, and it seems this problem is new to
the 0.60 series.  About half the time I try to play any video format with
the "xv" or "sdl" video output driver, I get a green or green/garbled
screen.  I can quit out ok, then maybe spend about 15 minutes doing
something else, eating up memory (video memory too), come back, and it'll
play fine with xv or sdl.

Anyone else have this problem?  It seems almost random, but just started
with 0.60, I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm using XFree86 4.1.0 with the "Savage" (savage ix/8) driver
1.1.20t.  X is set to 1280x1024x16bpp.

Thanks!

 Mark Kamichoff
 Student, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
 Computer and Systems Engineering
 kamicm at rpi.edu