[MPlayer-users] Subtitles problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 2 23:00:01 CET 2002

> > looks like VobSub
>
> Yep, like I wrote: 'The .idx file contains this at the top: "# VobSub
> index file, v4"'
>
> > > Does MPlayer support this type of subtitle?
> > not (yet)
> >
> > it is not text-type sub. it is mpeg (subpic) stream.
>
> Meaning that it shouldn't work? To my knowledge, many people have been
> able to see it? I'm not sure I understand, but should it _absolutely_
> not be possible to make it work, or is it only that MPlayer needs to
> support it first?

Afaik it's not widespread, and only very few programs support it even under
windows, and no one under linux. MPlayer (and every player) needs special
code to handle it, somebody of mplayer crew already working on that, but not
yet finished. Please be patient. It's big work.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu