[MPlayer-users] radeonfb and -vo fbdev hanging machine

Brian J. Murrell ce18755d49c9846b62bc85f81cf371db at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jan 4 10:20:01 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:56:04AM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick.

> Probably it's problem of -vo fbdev

Are you refering to the "triple" image (R, G and B) output I described
previously or the crashing, or both?

> Use -vo mga:/dev/radeon_vid it should work.

I can't seem to get fullscreen with this.

Besides, I would like to use fbdev because I am thinking ahead to
needing to write some gui app(s) on top of Mplayer and while there are
toolkits that work on top of framebuffer, I don't know what I would
use on a raw console display.

Do I need to switch to an appropriate mode (i.e. fbset 320x240-??)
before I display with "mplayer -fbdev -fs" or should mplayer be able
to scale usign the video hardware to fill a (say) 1600x1200
framebuffer?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell