[MPlayer-users] Re: Debian build fails with current CVS

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Sat Jan 5 02:05:02 CET 2002

> I think the codecs.conf and default/example mplayer.conf should go into
> /etc/mplayer/ and not into /usr/share/mplayer, since both are config
> files which belong into /etc, IMO.
You are of course right.
although I liked it more when installing codecs.conf was left up to
user/packager, that way it was enough for me to mark codecs.conf as
conffile and during installation user would be asked if he wants his
changes preserved or not if she made any changes.
hmm... em.. now I think marking it as conffile would still work even in
current setup. what was i thinking...

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
snafu