[MPlayer-users] Playing on specifc Xinerama screen with latest CVS

Brian J. Murrell b9860e09d3043f7dd25ea8807e2f8996 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Jan 5 17:12:01 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:16:51PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:08:46 -0500
> "Brian J. Murrell" <2745ec67b6d284b44f4de653d26ec881 at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> > OK, it is a good start.  The overlay is in the right place if the
> > Mplayer window is at 0,0 on the G400 display.  However, if I move the
> > Mplayer window, the overlay does not move.
>
> Oki, try this one.

OK, I had to hand patch due to the existance of a "xineramascreen"
patch that was in there before but now that I have done so, it all
works.  I can use "-vo xmga -xineramascreen 1" to display on my 2nd
Xinerama screen and move the window and the overlay moves too.
Excellent!

> It adds a additional option to mplayer -xineramascreen to tell mplayer
> where to place the window (currently only honored by xv and xmga).

Indeed.  I wonder about the 0-based numbering scheme though.  Is the
average Joe going to know that screen 0 is the first screen rather
than it being screen 1?

> I hope it works.

It does.  Well.

Thanx,