[MPlayer-users] mplayer -rootwin

Isaac Shaeffer firedome at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 7 12:49:02 CET 2002

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:05:48 +0100
Otvos Ferenc CADMUS <otvos at sztaki.hu> wrote:

> I am very satisfied with Mplayer 0.60. It's really great!
> I tried the mplayer's -rootwin option. On fvwm it's working OK, but on
> gnome-sawfish and kde2 not: only sound, no picture (so the background
> remains). How should I configure these window managers to get it
> working? Any hints?
>
> Thx in advance.
> And of course I RTFM

To disable Background control in gnome: start the Gnome Control Center (executable is gnomecc)
Desktop > Background  (Desktop should be at the top, and so should background)
at the bottom thier is a Checkbox labeled "Use Gnome to set background", uncheck, apply save ect

For Kde, right click, then bring up the background menu. Thier should be some option to set background app.
Thier may be some option in the KDE control panel to disable background control. Ill leave you to find it.