[MPlayer-users] Segfault in init_video_codec with OpenDivX files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 7 23:22:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> I am experiencing a segfault playing OpenDivX files (including those
> encoded by mencoder) I enclose the information requested in appendix C of
> the mplayer docs.
thank you for the first complete, correct bugreport of the year!

> The bug is reproducible with -vo anything (xv, x11, null, etc), and I have
> tried -vc divx4 and -vc odivx, neither of which make any difference.

is it specific to a given file, or all your files cause segfault?

did you compiled mplayer with divx4linux support? (i think yes)
which version of it? try the latest.

did you tried without gui? (compile mplayer without gui)

> I have also tried disabling sse, as recommended in a similar bug-report on
it won't help.
this one seems to be a codec incompatibility for me.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu