[MPlayer-users] encoding dvds into multiple avi files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 9 08:24:01 CET 2002

On Die, 08 Jan 2002, Rick wrote:
> What would be the best way to go about doing this?  I have though about using
> split to split the files and then reencode the files to correct the index..
> but that sounds like a really dirty solution to me.

Take transcode from
http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode
which has a avisplit tool besides various other very very useful.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>
University of Technology Vienna, Austria            gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094
BLITHBURY

A look someone gives you by which you become aware that they're much
too drunk to have understood anything you've said to them in the last
twenty minutes.

			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff