[MPlayer-users] A message from new user

Nenad Milenkovic nenad at datanet.yu
Wed Jan 9 15:36:02 CET 2002

Everything works great and thank you for great docs and instuctions
and makefiles - considering I'm using Linux only for a month I was
thrilled to see NO problems in compilation of a complex software such
is mplayer. Therefore, one big _thank you_ for developers!

I realized that I use almost almost everything unsupported and to be
avoided, but since I had no other options, I had to try. I have Rad Hat
here (7.2), gcc updated to 2.ninety six-98 and binary nvidia drivers
and, imagine that - everything works great! No crashes, very fast
operation, very nice and usable UI. I beleive this is not _the_ Linux
media player, it's _the_ media player regardless of platform - I never
achieved such speed and ease of use in Windows, never had such nice
subtitles, automatization...

What I notice, tough, is slightly different color "scheme" or look
of the movies compared to what they look like when played in Windows
or OS/2, for that matter. They look somewhat blured, and the coloring
is somewhat less contrasted, which is good for scenes with much
contrast, but, anyway, I wonder if this was done on purpose, or I'm
missing some settings, quallity switch, my video card, or..? Movies look
the same regardless of divx decompressor I use (I tried few that I
have installed, including win32 ones).

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Nenad