[MPlayer-users] Problems with DVD playing..

Doc Miller dmiller at mail.prasara.com
Wed Jan 9 19:58:01 CET 2002

Well.. Boys and Girls. I've upgraded to the 6.0 release of MPLAYER (my
abso fav vid player for Lin which has just added some of the strings I
needed).. Anyway.. enough Smooching..

When playing a DVD.. I get this message:

--- Start of clip

MPlayer 0.60-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU vendor name: GenuineIntel  max cpuid level: 2
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Type: 6,
Stepping: 6)
Testing OS support for SSE... yes.
Testing OS support for SSE unmasked exceptions... yes.
Tests of OS support for SSE passed.
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with features: MMX MMX2 SSE
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 18 audio & 40 video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206
chars)
Setting up lirc support...
mplayer_lirc: could not connect to socket
mplayer_lirc: Connection refused
Failed opening lirc support!
You won't be able to use your remote control
Using Linux's hardware RTC timing (1024Hz)
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 0
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: fully authenticated, success
Reading disc structure, please wait...
There are 19 titles on this DVD.
There are 2 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
mplayer: ifo_read.c:458: ifoRead_PGC_COMMAND_TBL: Assertion
`cmd_tbl->nr_of_pre + cmd_tbl->nr_of_post + cmd_tbl->nr_of_cell<= 128'
failed.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: open_stream

---- End of clip

Playing a normal file works with no problems (AVI,s ASFS, etc...)... I
don't have any VCD's so I have no data with that... I'm using the
libdvdcss v0.0.3 and libdvdread-0.9.2 in combination with the
avifile-0.6 release.  With the version 5.0 (and 6.0 pre) all was fine...
6.0 introduces this problem.

Ideas?.. Comments?.. Solutions?

--

D.R. Miller
PowerTV, Inc.

--
The polite thing to do has always been to address people as they wish
to be addressed, to treat them in a way they think dignified.  But it