[MPlayer-users] encoding to a 2 part avi

Rick rick at topaz.ne.mediaone.net
Fri Jan 11 03:49:01 CET 2002

I just tried it with a CBR encoded avi file.. and I had the same results.
Mplayer outputs this when playing a file split with avisplit

DEMUXER: Too many (1996 in 8392437 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)

Any other ideas?  Anyone know a tool that prints out the chapters and their
running times?  I could use that info to make 2 files with mencoder... do one
with -frames <24* number of seconds in the first half of the movie> and the
other with -chapter <1st chapter of the second half of the movie>     -- ex
-chapter 16   (if 30 chapters).

Does this sound like a good idea?