[MPlayer-users] about codecs.conf

Hala'szi Ga'bor kukocs at programozo.hu
Sat Jan 12 19:39:01 CET 2002

Hi!

I've probs with codecs.conf file. I've downloaded the 0.6 release:)
quite cool, etc.etc. I cant express how great is it..., but:
i've a file im unable to play with it as I can remember, there were no
sound...(it was a .avi file, maybe with more than 2 chanels sound)
but was readable with older cvs versions of mplayer. //i've installed
the new version of codecs files too!
mplayer says:

WARNING: libac3 support is disabled. (upgrade codecs.conf)
Unknown sound->sound off!
//but codecs.conf was automatically copied by mplayer!!! :)
I overwrite my codecs conf with an older version. and voila everything
is great. (I didn't recompile the sources!
but when using this codecs conf with gmplayer, it says my codecs.conf is
too old (or something else) and asks for copying a newer...
It doesnt really matter so much but...
So if you want it, I can send more details, with logs etc...

I didn't understand this codecs.conf-stuff at all, the codecs.conf file
belongs to the codecs installed in /usr/..., isn't it????
So when I recompile(or compile a newer) mplayer, I don't need to change
my codecs.conf file at all(there should be no changes)
I need to change my codecs.conf file, when I upgrade my codecsfiles,
isn't it???
so what i want to say:
the codecs.conf file why not comes with the codecs.zip file??????
Maybe it should be, and would be easier to change things..
becouse I compile mplayer weekly (and I'm very happy after all the
compiles, it's always better...)
but i dont change my codecs folder(or files), so it's not needed to
change my codecs.conf file, isn't it??

it was only a suggestion

something else:
i'm using -vo sdl output. and there is a feature with 'n' to make my
move full screen visible (without blank lines on top,and bottom), but
without changing the aspect ratio!(there are non visible sides)
The problem is that the visible is the left side of the movie, not the
middle of it. it would be COOL to change the visible place, or just
order it in the middle of my screen!

Thanks all!

thx A'rpi (if you read it...)we all know how cool mplayer is !

byez:

	Kukocs