[MPlayer-users] Postprocessing DivX

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jan 13 22:56:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:52:55 -0800
Arun Sharma <arun at sharma-home.net> wrote:

> Also, another question about SDL and DGA. If I understand them
> correctly, they're both about bypassing the X server and writing
> directly to the framebuffer. I can get both -vo sdl and -vo dga working.
> However, they don't seem to reduce the CPU consumption by the X server
> process. The docs also suggest -vo sdl:dga, which doesn't work on my
> box. However, I'm curious how sdl:dga mode works. It seems to me that
> SDL and DGA are two implementations of the same thing, while the docs
> seem to suggest that they're complementary and can be used together.

Nope, they are competely different. SDL is a "multimedia" library
that has several output modules (see www.libsdl.org) and that
hides most of the system stuff. DGA is an video output system
that works together with X (dont know the internals of it).

do some RTFM and try sdl:aalib sdl:x11 and such

BTW: sdl is slower than any "direct" mode as it needs one more copy
but allows to scale even on systems that dont have Xv or a special driver.

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.