[MPlayer-users] Re: Live stream encoding

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Mon Jan 14 23:53:02 CET 2002

Roberto Ferrari <rferrari at mbigroup.it> wrote:

> I'm trying to encode a live mpeg2 stream from a dvb card to divx
> format.  I've seen that mencoder encode well the first bytes ( it has
> a cache of 4096), then it loose too mutch of quality.

What machine do you use at which resolution?

Even my Athlon1400 is not capable of encoding an MPEG Stream realtime
into DivX at full resolution. I have to reduce the size to 384x288 and
even this is close to the maximum my CPU can handle.

So you better write the stream to disc and encode later.

S!

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
17. Stuck in a lift shaft pulling network cable to another floor