[MPlayer-users] Formal Bugreport, was...mencoder issues .60pre2

Chris Wertman cwertman at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 00:04:02 CET 2002

Arpi,

I unsubscribed from the list so I dont know if this
will find its way, I hope you may find the information
usefull to some extent.

I tried MANY different encoding options and all had
the same results as previouly mentioned. I gave up for
the short term as other matters were more pressing.

All encoding had the "Acid Trip" effect I spoke of.
I downloaded and installed .60 (release not pre2) and
the same results, I tried playing my divx on another
system with Mplayer, and it wouldnt even play,

mencoder -dvd 1 -divx4opts br=1300 -ofps 24 -pass 1
mencoder -dvd 1 -divx4opts br=1300 -ofps 24 -pass 2

Tried this and it works, WITHOUT the acid trip effect,

Now, if I try that WITHOUT the 24 frame rate it does
look like an acid trip, (like at the 29.97) ONLY
encoding at 24 fps or lower plays back OK and will
play on other machines for me, I dont know what, each
time I scrapped EVERY related lib and started over
with fresh current downloads of all required
dependencies, this seems kind of strange to me.

I just thought the above info may be helpfull if not
feel free to trash it as you see fit

Thanks
Chris Wertman

BUT it works for me for now.