[MPlayer-users] Great performance!

ellen at euronet.nl ellen at euronet.nl
Wed Jan 16 13:44:04 CET 2002

Hi,

no bugreport from me this time...  :-)

I just downloaded the second THG movie, about unlocking the Athlon XP,
from www.tomshardware.com.  On that site, it's said that system
requirements for playback are high, and playback under Windoze 98
using a P III/750 was not possible without problems -- they recommend
a 900 MHz or higher CPU.
However, I was able to view it on my system, throttled _down_ to 450
MHz (just for testing), without dropping frames, using MPlayer 0.60!
Even at 400 MHz I didn't notice any frame drops, I could only tell
that a few frames were dropped by looking at MPlayer's output.

My system: AMD K6-III+/500, Voodoo3 3000 AGP, 256 MB RAM, Slackware
Linux, kernel 2.2.19, XFree 3.3.6 (dga resolution was 800x600, 16bpp)

MPlayer options:
-vo dga -ao sdl -bpp 16 -framedrop -nodouble -osdlevel 0

Anyway, just thought you might like to know -- keep up the good work!

Ellen
--

Ellen Geertsema               "All my life I wanted to be someone;
ellen at euronet.nl            I guess I should have been more specific."