[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems playing any movie with latest cvs version

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jan 17 13:17:02 CET 2002

Sven Hartge wrote:

> As a workaround, just remove the Xivd-lines from the codecs.conf.
> You won't be able to play AVIs with this codec, though, but I haven't
> seen any floating around in the wild.

You want me to send you one? Just for the records? ;-)

We (of the XviD-Codec) just change FourCC to XVID, because DIVX is
trademarked. There will an article in german computer magazin c't about
XviD soon, after that, more XviD-Files may be floating around in
space and time). At the moment, it's save to disable...

gruel

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 15 Tel. (0228) 73-4708 | nell erstellt und bedarf