[MPlayer-users] New dxr3/h+ stuff in mplayer

Horváth István suti at nuk.teteny.elte.hu
Thu Jan 17 21:24:02 CET 2002

> Hi,
> I just commited the brand new dxr3 driver for mplayer. Currently seeking
> is broken (it will break a/v sync) it will warn you if you try seeking.
> Please test this version and give me some feedback on it, it will
> require that you get the em8300 driver from cvs as it uses some new
> (previously undocumented) features of the em8300. It should give proper
> playback on very slow machines (i.e. P-133) and very fast machines
> (800MHz+), but I need feedback on this. And people, please use
> microcode2.bin from the h+ driver (yes, on the dxr3 as well) as this is
> the newest version of the microcode, I'm not sure all older versions
> will work with this new engine.
> I will fix seeking as soon as possible (we need a flush function in
> em8300_fifo, but I couldn't get it to work yesterday)
>
> //David Holm

dear developers, i just compiled libdxr and mplayer from cvs, and i
noticed, it's dxr3 support is almost good, because if i play a dvd(The
matrix, R2, hungarrian edigition) the audio and video is not in a good
sync!

i applied the following command:
mplayer -dvd 1 -vc mpegpes -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma -aid 128 -sid 8

sometimes it is differ about 4 secs! it is to big, but the video strem is
now very continuous!

here is the sync line:
A:  86.0 V:  88.0 A-V: -1.994 ct: -8.780  2196/2196   3% 73%  5.2% 0 0 0%

which mention a big cpu usage of (i think) audio (73%).

i useing microcode2.bin, and i noticed, when the mplayer with dxr3
hardware support, is in sync when the video stream is choppy, but if
sometimes the video stream is very continuous, the sound immediately
insync with video!

and at last:
the sub support of dvd with dxr3view app. is not very good, i mean it
disappears from the dxr3view window about 0.1 sec(!!!). it is so fast to
read it :)))

but, anyway mplayer is the best movie player in the world! with H+ and the
supported libdxr library.

thanks for this great project,

best regards

	horvath istvan