[MPlayer-users] MDK 8.1 + Voodoo 3 3000

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Jan 18 15:21:02 CET 2002

Hi,

	I have a PII 300, 198 MB Ram, a Studio PCTV and a Voodoo3 3000.

	I use avifile, xine and now I tried mplayer.  It really rocks!
Even to watch TV!  Amazing.  I have to say it works better than xine and
avifile to watch Divx movies, full screen, no drops and fantastic
subtitle.  By the way, any idea if it will be possible to choice
subtitle's position?

	Compile it was easier than I expected.  But I want more :0

	I tried to enable tdfxfb an 3dfx, but hummm, did not work.

	So, since I could not find /dev/3dfx, what can I do to make it
works?  Or should I go straight to tdfxfb.  If so, how can I know if my
Mandrake 8.1 is apt to work with tdfxfb and how to make it rocks?

	I'd appreciate any help.  Many thanks in advance.

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva