[MPlayer-users] fullscreen problems

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 20 19:10:19 CET 2002

On Saturday, 19. January 2002 00:05, mriester at gmx.de wrote:
> sorry, i read the docs *really* good and i cant switch from 1024*768 x11
> resolution to 800*600 (or 640*480) for tv out on my savage s3 (btw: what
> means "INFO: Video out driver init OK!"??? are there drivers, so that i
> dont need the s3switch tool?) there is a -x- -y screenw/h, -zoom, -vm that
> only work with output which supports this-huh?. i tried every combination,
> but nothing works really good. with dga, i get 800*600, but movie is not
> scaled to screensize, so that there is a black frame  (and if i exit
> mplayer with dga, the screenresolution is not set back to 1024*768). and it
> dont work with tvout (looks very strange). i dont want to restart x in
> 800*600 :-(

I use mplayer with -vo sdl on my savage under xfree 4.1 so you get hardware
XVideo acceleration, for watching tv make sure to set your x screenres to
800x600 before starting X. Then in X use s3switch utitliy to enable tv (eg.
s3switch tv pal), then mplayer should work fine with scaling and tv out.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos