[MPlayer-users] AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

Francesc Roma i Frigole frf at wam.umd.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:11:01 CET 2002

Hi,

I have both MPlayer 0.6 and current CVS version installed in my system
(Debian stable + X 4.1) both are working fine with most video
files. Including .avi

However, when i try to play videos recorded w/ windows from a camcorder or
a webcam, the following error apears:

Detected AVI file format!
MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (2064) HAS_INDEX TRUST_CKTYPE
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(
*** free_stream() called ***

Exiting... (End of file)

<<<<

after RTFMing all that i've found is the following line:

"NOTE : DV cameras can create two types of AVI format, one is the usual
and playable, the other is neither."

is that what is going on? anybody is working on this problem? I've found
that some windows programs can't play those files either.

I've uploaded a 1Mb sample called "camcorder.avi" to
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ which i've so far been able to play
only with MS media player and MS direct X 8 sample player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,