[MPlayer-users] full screen problems with ATI tv out (was Re: [GATOS]recommended TVs for use with ATI Rage128 Tv-out svideo?)

Velocet math at velocet.ca
Sun Jan 27 19:01:49 CET 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 06:50:33PM +0300, Nick Kurshev's all...

> What do you meant?
> mplayer can use SWscaling only for YV12 fourcc.
> Indeed you should use vidix with mplayer's vesa if you want have HW support for scaling:
> mplayer -vo vesa:vidix ...
> You didn't tell what's ATI card do you have.
> Currently vidix has only rage128 and radeon support for ATI's cards.
> So if you have 3dRage or Mach64 you should write mach64_vid to have possibility run it
> over VESA or wait until it will be implemented by other developers ;)

Im not even sure what my card is exactly, XF86, SuperProbe, /proc/pci and
the website all give slightly different names for it: "ATI Mach 64 RageII+DVD"
whatever that is is one of the descriptions. So I spose no vidix :)

> > Any ideas around this? Why cant I do 'software resize' with -zoom then?
> > (and why dont -x and -y work? mplayer seems to ignore these settings with
> > -vo vesa..)
> >
> It doesn't ignores them for YV12 fourcc.
> so please always use libavcodec family or libmpeg2 codec:
> -vc ffdivx -vc ffmpeg12 -vc h263 and so on (RTFM)

Read the docs for an hafl hour or so last night and discovered many interesting
things, but not exactly why it wont scale except what you said which is
what STDERR  told me ("no scaling for YV12"). Sorry if its elsewhere in
the docs, will keep looking - thanks for your help.

I did discover -vo vesa:dga though - wonder if it really helps?

/kc