[MPlayer-users] Re: [Mplayer-matrox] stripes in image with (x)mga and ffmpeg on G200

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jan 28 14:13:02 CET 2002

Thanks for your quick answer!

Low memory seems to only explain part of this.  If I run at
1280x1024 at 16 I do get some extra stripes in the left half of the
image, however at 1152x768 at 16 (my standard X resolution) I have no
playback problems when using divx4 codec (-vfm 7) or the win32 codecs
but I do get those stripes with ffmpeg (-vfm 5).  Both times I used
-vo xmga, so this should rule out mga_vid, shouldn't it?  Performance
for ffmpeg is better, audio does get out of sync with win32 and divx4
and I would much prefer to use an Open Source codec if possible.  Is
this a bug in ffmpeg?  Should I report this to the ffmpeg people?
Thanks

Diego