[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Jan 28 17:05:02 CET 2002

Hi People,

	It's just a commentary.

	I really regret the day when I buy my GeForce.  Since I only found
out later, there's no open source drivers for such graphic-card (by now I
don't know).  And since Nvidia seems not be interest about Linux since
they don't give graphic-card parameters so Linux developers can make an
appropriate driver, I really recommend to not buy Nvidia products if you
intend to run Linux box at full power.
        Such Nvidia proprietary solution can make the card rock but it's
worse than using Winblows.

	Free Software and Open Source code is the *only* way for Linux.

        Hail GNU!

	Now I agree with mplayer developer guys.  Nvidia is *REALLY BAD*.

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil