[MPlayer-users] AC3 'digitalized'

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Mon Jan 28 18:19:02 CET 2002

Hello,
 there was someone here reporting about AC3 sound being distorted ( poeple
voices sound heavily 'digitalized' ), and then there was some response,
I can't find that discussion in archives, and I don't recall if there was
solution for this or not. Could someone point in the right direction?

Also sligthly offtopic - there was a time when SB Live supported two dsp
devices, say /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1, and mplayer used this. Now I revived
my old GUS  board, but now mplayer expects dsp device to support
multichannel audio ( probably I'm saying nonsense here ),
but since I have no single 5.1 card, just old SB and GUS which I would
like to try out, I'm left out in the cold. Any pointer with this case?

 --
Dariusz Pietrzak
snafu