[MPlayer-users] Re: [expert] NVidia will be bannished

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 28 18:53:02 CET 2002

> I don't agree with you at all here. I find the nVidia "closed source"
> driver to be much more stable than the DRi driver for my ATi Rage Pro.
> Also, the nVidia driver provides capabilities that DRI can't do right now.
huh, how a fair comparison...
ati rage pro a.k.a. mach64 has no official dri support at all.
some amateurs started to hack utah-glx driver to worik with dri, but afaik
it's in very early stage yet. you should read dri-devel list more.

compare radeon or matrox drivers to nvidia. it's more fair.

anyway, teh mach64 serie works well with utah-glx drivers.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu