[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

Aciel aciel at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 28 20:52:02 CET 2002

As much as I respect what you're saying here, you're avoiding the point.

The eventual goal of the combined open-source community, in my view, is
to make Linux a viable solution for the simpleton--people who aren't
good with computers but don't want to pay for Windows. Well, many of
these simpletons will already have an nVidia card. I know two of my five
computers came with them (this before I ever heard of Linux).

And what about the people who already have nVidia cards just because
they're good cards? I understand that they don't want to share--but I'm
sure there are other ways around that.

If all you're doing is nVidia-bashing, quit it. It just wastes my time
and yours, and probably many other list users' too. What's the point of
it? It doesn't change anything. I'm sure if we took the time to find
some good electronic or computer engineers we could analyze the nVidia
cards and determine most of the specs we need to write our own drivers.
But bashing doesn't change things for the people who are already stuck
with the cards.

It's good that you agree. Now do something about it. Write a strongly
worded letter to nVidia. "Make them an offer they can't refuse."

Sincerely,
John Woods
aciel at speakeasy.net