[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-0.60 and css support

Robos robos at geekmail.de
Mon Jan 28 23:38:02 CET 2002

On Mon, 28.01.02, Gabucino <gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu> wrote:
> > My question is: how can I make sure that mplayer is trying to use libdvdcss?
> If you readed the dox as I told, you would know that libdvdcss has NOTHING
> to do when decrypting CSS-encrypted files from non-DVD !

Thats not entirely correct. Quote dvd_reader.h
 * Opens a block device of a DVD-ROM file, or an image file, or a
directory
 * name for a mounted DVD or HD copy of a DVD.  Returns 0 if we can't
get any
 * of those methods to work.
 *
 * If the given file is a block device, or is the mountpoint for a
block
 * device, then that device is used for CSS authentication using
libdvdcss.
 * If no device is available, then no CSS authentication is performed,

 * and we hope that the image is decrypted.
 *
So, if he has the movie on a cd it should be fine (or do I get it
wrong?)

> BTW I've never seen CSS'ed SVCD, but anything can happen.. And you'd also
> need a CSS key..

This would be weird, but I once had an undecrypted vobfile and if you
would convert that...uuhm, sounds really weird.
Robos