[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

Jan Sacharuk jan at chloris.ca
Tue Jan 29 17:46:01 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:55:42AM -0500, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

@>	To save words, I haven't been specific in some points.  I mean, if
@>you satisfied with good closed-driver (or software solution) why do you
@>use GNU/Linux (most much better solution for a lot of applications).  Use
@>Win2k so! (I use it, and we have PPC - Apple and IBM - here in our Lab
@>too, also SGI).

Why would you blindly follow a dogma to the exclusion of all other
things? Why wouldn't you use the absolute best system that you could?
Do you feel that using something like FreeBSD is beneath you because
it uses the BSD licence instead of the GPL?

I'm actually finding myself switching BACK to Apple because their
product is so superior in many ways. It works, it's pretty, it runs
Open Source software, and it allows me to EASILY program in
Objective-C (my favorite OO language ever).

I use Win2K at home to play games, and I recently bought a Radeon
8500, not because of some sort of altruistic purpose, but because the
Radeon has superior dual-head support, and is a wicked-fast 3D card.